Don’t reject the grace of God.
This week, Pastor Matt encourages us with the Big Idea: Don’t reject the grace of God. What does that look like?
1. Don’t reject those God has welcomed (2:11-14)
2. Remember that you were justified by faith alone, not works (2:15-16)
3. Live by faith (2:17-21)
Do Not Nullify The Grace of God
Do not nullify the grace of God by relying on your own effort for salvation rather than faith in Christ. Specifically, this passage teaches us that we are to not nullify God’s grace by welcoming those God welcomes, remembers why we believed in Jesus, and living by faith.
Stand firm in God’s gospel
This week, the big idea of the first passage in our journey through the book of Galatians is: Stand firm in God’s gospel. We can be unburdened by standing firm in God’s gospel for three reasons:
1. God’s gospel frees you to serve Christ, not people (1:10)
2. God’s gospel was revealed by Christ, not people (1:11-24)
3. God’s gospel was confirmed by the right people (2:1-10).
Do Not Abandon The Gospel
Do not abandon the gospel because true teachers exist, so do false teachers, and false teaching is false no matter who teaches it.
Why We Need Christmas
We need Christmas
The Gospel Isn’t Taking Up the Cause of Justice
The big idea this morning: The gospel isn’t taking up the cause of justice.
Sin Ruins Everything
Sin ruins everything: Grace changes everything