Ecclesiastes has been described as King Solomon’s report on his failed attempt to find purpose and the good life in our fallen world. Ecclesiastes helps us face reality honestly so that we become wise, cheerful, and learn to fear God in the real world as we wait with hope for the day when God the Son will ultimately rescue us from life under the sun.
The big idea of our passage this morning is: Enjoy to the fullest the days God gives you.
Ray Ortlund’s second of three Ecclesiastes sermons delivered at Immanuel Church, Nashville.
Seek wisdom in adversity, trust God more than wisdom, and look to the Righteous One
Preaching Christ from Ecclesiastes
Ecclesiastes and Song of Songs
Stand in awe of God who controls time by embracing the seasons and by freely doing good and being joyful in the present.
- Ecclesiastes 2
- Conclusion is heavily dependent upon the work of Sydney Greidanus
All (under the sun) is vanity because toil doesn’t change anything and God did it and you won’t fix it.
- ESV Study Bible notes on Ecclesiastes
- Preaching Christ from Ecclesiastes Sydney Gradaneus
- Ecclesiastes – Preach the Word Series – Phil Ryken
- Ecclesiastes – NIV Application Commentary – Iain Provan
- Ecclesiastes – NAC – Duane Garrett
- Ecclesiastes Sermon Series – Immanuel Nashville – Ray Ortlund
- Ecclesiastes Sermon Series – Frontline Church OKC